Jeff Walker is the creator of the ‘Product Launch Formula' and his strategies have literally transformed the way stuff is sold online. Along the way, he’s become one of the top entrepreneurial and marketing trainers in the world.
He made this video after listening to a podcast with James Hetfield (the singer and rhythm guitarist for Metallica) and was amazed at the similarities between staying sane as a rock star and staying healthy as an entrepreneur.
This may sound like he’s bragging, brag, but the thing successful digital entrepreneur, Jeff Walker, hears most often from his peers in the online marketing business is… they wish they had his lifestyle.
There’s a lot of leaders in business who TALK about lifestyle, but so many of them are more killing themselves with work than living the dream.
But lifestyle is one area that Jeff Walker has actually got dialed in…
In fact, recently he got back from a backcountry ski trip with his wife. They skied into a cabin deep in the Colorado wilderness and stayed there for four days.
The cabin is at 11,000 feet, and there isn’t a road within miles. No internet, no mobile coverage… the only electricity from a couple of solar panels.
For Jeff and his wife, it was awesome. 🙂
Similarities between rock musicians and entrepreneurs
Not long ago Jeff listened to an interview with James Hetfield (lead singer and rhythm guitarist for Metallica), and he was talking about how to stay sane while playing music for hundreds of thousands of people…
And it struck Jeff that there are a lot of similarities between that crazy rock star lifestyle, and the crazy entrepreneur lifestyle.
There’s a lot of demands, and it’s easy to work yourself ragged.
The bottom line, you have to be INTENTIONAL about your lifestyle and your self-care.
Being intentional about your lifestyle and your self-care
As online marketers, we get to build our lifestyle as we build our business. But it’s all too easy to lose sight of building and maintaining your lifestyle as you get caught up in the business.
Here are some of the tips and insights on how to cultivate an amazing work/life balance:
- Running an online business offers so many freedoms: when to work, how much to work, who to work with, who we serve. It’s our choice to capitalize on these freedoms – or neglect them (1:07).
- We are creators – we get to create our business, our lifestyle, and much more (1:32).
- If you’re going to be a creator, you have to take time to recharge. Being in a “full-on” mode constantly will cause real problems… including a challenge that many entrepreneurs share with members of the band Metallica (1:44).
- How to grow your business by practicing ever-increasing levels of “self-care” (3:08).
- The vital role that self-care plays in the longevity of your business success and how to avoid flash-in-the-pan “success” and go the distance instead (3:42).
Jeff Walker is the creator of the Product Launch Formula and his strategies have literally transformed the way stuff is sold online. Along the way he’s become one of the top entrepreneurial and marketing trainers in the world. He’s also a #1 New York Times Bestselling author and has coached all kinds of experts such as Tony Robbins, Brendon Burchard, Dan Kennedy, Bill Glazer, Rich Schefren, Frank Kern, Dean Graziosi, Yanik Silver, Greg Clement and dozens more “gurus.”